04 / 04 / 2020
It’s a worrying time for us all at the moment and we have changed the way we work during this difficult period.
We would like to reassure our clients and suppliers that we are doing our very best to ensure that everyone involved in our work is looked after and protected. To keep us all safe, services requiring face-to-face contact will be assessed to ensure that we can follow all guidelines set out by Public Health Wales and UK Government.
On the 25/04/20, the APA (The Advertising Producers Association) released a statement on advice for production companies in the UK. Following this advice, production companies are still be able to continue producing content, providing it is under careful guidance and safety measures. The measures are:
- everyone on location to keep at least two metres apart;
- where possible, human contact avoided;
- minimal crew on location (maximum two);
- no crowd scenes;
- actors and support artists to be kept to a minimum, if used at all;
- only essential filming in public spaces;
- crew members to have access to PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), with hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser available; and
- thoroughly clean down filming environment, before and after, where possible.
The governments advice (as outlined in Coronavirus update #21) is:
“With the exception of the organisations covered above [referring to pubs and restaurants etc] in the section on closing certain businesses and venues, the government has not required any other businesses to close – indeed it is important for business to carry on.”
As it currently stands, no member of staff has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or contracted the virus.
If we are made aware of any staff members who have come in to contact with COVID-19 or have contracted it, we will follow all Public Health Wales guidelines at that time.
Finally, if there is anything that we can help you with during this uncertain time, just let us know. If it’s advice or a helping hand using some of our skills or resources, we would love to help.
The National Health Service / Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board
Tata Steel Wales
The Football Association of Wales
HM Government Wales Office